Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking back on 2009

 ...as 2010 sneaks up from behind...



 
There are a few things I would like to get off my chest, or in the case of number 1, my waistline.  The year 2009 was a good year for me in most ways.  In most ways I was good, in some… not so much.  Here are my observations of another year that has slipped past me and hope for the new year to come.

1)
30 lbs

2)
To all my blogger friends...
If I didn't comment on all your post last year... consider writing better post... I assume that is why you didn't comment on mine.

3)
I secretly wanted to write a novel in 2009.

4)
I am jealous of most of my blogger friends as they are wittier and take better photo's than me.  Especially that Carolyn…OnLine lady.  This is who I stole the idea for this post from.  Sorry for stealing your idea but hey, it’s the internet, get over it. 

5)
I resent the fact that I don't have a cool screen name like Captain Dumbass or Vodka Mom

6)
I envy the happiness and joy for life that Braja has.  Hello, you got hit by a truck!  And yet you are still beautiful and at peace with the universe and all that other crap you lay on us. She just finished and published a book by the way.  I am hoping 2010 will bring me my autographed copy.  She's great, she's wonderful, bla bla bla... Damnit I should have wrote a book... happy b@#$%...

7)
I was sad when I thought I was losing one of the best blogs of all by one of my best friends and down right confused that she didn’t know how great she was in the blogging community.   I was mad that she deleted some of my best work!  Still her biggest fan though.

8)
I wish I could have gone fishing with Tom.

9)
I wish I had the inner beauty, poise, and prose that Shadow has.

10)
My deepest regret is not telling M how much I love her enough.  I love you precious!


~sigh~

I can only hope to have half the love and friendship in 2010.  I love you all and sorry I only mentioned a few of the dozens of dear friends I have come to cherish over the last year.


Just an observation...

Craig Glenn

13 comments:

Carolyn...Online said...

I figure if it's on the internet it's fair game - so steal away.

And 2010 starts tomorrow. You know what that means? It means you have to write your book. Because sometimes you just have a book that needs to get out of your head and down on paper.

Gaelyn said...

Love this post Craig. Please keep the wit and writing coming in 2010.
And get busy on that book.
Hugs from a blogger friend.

Craig Glenn said...

Carolyn: Thanks for the idea and the motivation.

Gaelyn: Thanks and I am so glad you enjoy my humor. I hope to spend more time writing next year!

Craig

Maureen McHale said...

Have I got a great idea for a book...Stupid trailer park stuff ______ says and does...

...and I love you too -- to the end of the horizon and beyond - No Matter What!

scot said...

I have an idea for a book. Just up your alley.

As a blogger, you get a comment from a new follower. It is a well written comment and fairly general at first. But as the days/months go by, his comments become more personal, almost as if he is watching you...Knows you!

The twist, nobody else can see the post and your replies to him seem strange to your other followers. They think you are going crazy.

The phantom follower, turns out to be your alter ego and he is out to get you, but you turn to your faithful follower (brother) and we fight together to defeat your inner demons.

Your welcome, Happy New Year. And by the way, this comment is protected by copy write laws.

Shadow said...

aaaaw, thank you! i sure look forward to your observations this year... happy new year craig!!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craig: Oh so very nice of you to want to come with me on my boat. Maybe 2010 will bring an opportunity to share the fun of fishing. These were some really neat observation.

Craig Glenn said...

LOL M! Love you too.

Scooter! that's a great idea! LOL

Shadow: It's all true! I love reading your poems. I hope everyone here pays you a visit.

Hi Tom, I haven't been fishing in years M and I are hoping to go this year.

Craig

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hello Craig. Some friendships are so great they can never be lost. They continue to grow and get stronger day by day.

I want to wish you the BEST and most FANTASTIC 2010 my friend. May it bring you the love, peace, joy and hapiness you deserve.

Remember, in the end, who cares about the extra pounds, it is the person inside the pounds which counts, not the outside wrapping.

Write your book, please. I think we all have one in us just trying to get out. It is as I always say, never give up on your dreams.

Thank you for your wonderful friendship, it is greatly appreciated and very special.

Hugs and kisses to all three of you.

The Muse said...

HEY...who said your id name wasn't cool?
(let me at'em)
LOL

Now..as far as writing that book...

Surely you know my vote!

Blessings for this new year, my friend...so richly deserved.

♥ Braja said...

Hey Craig, Carolyn just wrote we can steal anything of hers. I say we go for the GaRaj Mahal and empty that baby out....

:)))

Captain Dumbass said...

I wish my name were just a flashy cool bloggy name, Craig, but it's much more than that. It's a lifestyle. I didn't just pull it out of the air, I earned every last letter. Just ask my wife. She'll tell you. And tell you. And tell you. And tell you.

Happy New Year. Hopefully my posts don't such as much this year and you stop by.

Vodka Mom said...

I"m here to give you a great big kiss!! And franky, I took the name "Vodkamom" as a bit of an homage to my mother, who would throw outrageous cocktail parties. Frankly, I'd change it if I could, makes me sound like a lush, but it's TOO late now.


xoxox you are the man. Here's that kiss. *smack*