Friday, October 23, 2009

Aim low boys, they are sinking fast!




Aim low boys, they are sinking fast!

My little brother severed our country for 6 years in the Navy, thanks Scooter!  My Grandpa served in the Navy as well in WWII.  I wanted to share a story with you from Grandpa's tour.

Grandpa served on one of those supply ships carrying supplies back and fourth across the pond.  They have been saddled with a bunch of unwanted metal dust pans, destination no where, and his boss was tired of looking at them.

Boss: "Lovette, get rid of them pans, I don't care how, just get rid of them!"
Grandpa: "Yes Sir!"

Some time later...

Announcement: "General Quarters! General Quarters!"

The alarm was sounded and off every one ran to their stations.  Supply ships were under frequent attach from enemy subs and the radar said they were under attack!  In no time at all Depth Charges were flying overboard!

Grandpa's boss ran by: "Not a word Lovette!"
Grandpa: "About what Sir"
Boss: "Exactly!"

I am happy to report that those enemy metal dust pans became a casualty of war and are safely resting at the bottom of the ocean.

Thanks for stopping by,

Craig Glenn

6 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Craig: That was a neat story. This no tell attitude must have been passed onto you my friend.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Love it Craig. I am wondering if he was on the same ship as my husband. :)

SkylersDad said...

That is an excellent story! I was in the Navy also.

Craver Vii said...

May they rest in pieces.

Gaelyn said...

Great story Craig.

♥ Braja said...

Good one :)