Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Be careful what you wish for


A married couple in their 60's were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quite, romantic little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table. She said, "for being such an exemplary married couple and in honor of your loving relationship for all these years, I will grant you each one wish."

The wife answered, "oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband." The fairy waved her magic wand and *POOF* two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands. The husband thought for a moment: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I am sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me." The fairy and the wife both looked at each other with disappointment in their faces, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and *POOF*!

The Husband became 92 years old.


~sigh~

Be careful what you wish for.

Just an observation...

Craig Glenn

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! I wonder if he broke down and cried. :) Oh my, I have to agree with you on this one Craig. But don't get used to it. LOL!!

Now if I had one wish, I wonder what it would be....Hmmmm!! cant think of anything right now but I will get back to you on it. :)

Shadow said...

ooooooo, that one back-fired baaaaadly...

Gaelyn said...

LOL!. It is so true to be careful what you wish for. Serves him right, but what about her?

scot said...

Well, see I know this couple and the gentleman was very very rich. So he is about to die of old age and the wife will inherit millions. So I wouldn't be too concerned about her.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Sound like a good deal there Scot. LOL!! Wish we could all be so lucky. :)