Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Akeem


I just received this email and wanted to share it with you along with my response.

Dear Friend,

This message might meet you in utmost surprise, however,it's just my urgent need for foreign partner that made me to contact you for this transaction. I am a banker by profession from Burkina faso in west Africa and currently holding the post of Manager Auditing and Accounting unit of the bank.

I have the opportunity of transfering the left over funds ($10,500,000.00) of one of my bank clients who died along with his entire family in Central England in the year 2003 and since his death occured, no body have show up as his next of kin for the claim because the account is untraceable.


If you agree to my business proposal.further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as i receive your return mail. have a great day.

Thanks Yours,
Akeem Hadi


Dear Akeem,

You have no idea just how surprised I am my friend. Just the other day I tried to friend you on FaceBook but have not received your reply yet; I hope everything is well with you. I did hear about your recent promotion to MAA. That is really exciting news! Have you thought about a Linked In account? Networking is a great way to meet others in your field.

$10.5M is certainly not something I would say no to under ordinary circumstances. But I must tell you that I just last week received a letter from Ed stating that I may have already won $20M. How exciting is that?

This could not have come at a better time. The girlfriend and I were really starting to feel the pressure of this horrible economy. I guess it’s hardest on our dog. We really love her. That is why we are only eating her one leg at a time. Her name is Ilean by the way.

I am really sorry to hear about the family who died in central England. England is such a small country. I didn’t know they had sectioned it out. Central England, is that near London? I have heard of London. I was glad to hear that no bodies showed up at the bank. That would just be uncomfortable, right? Why would bodies need the money anyway?

One last thing, maybe y’all should not make these accounts untraceable. I am sure the next of kin could really use this money. It would seem much more likely for you to find the next of kin, knowing your clients name and address and such. I don’t know, just a thought. You found me after all, way over here in Central Florida. LOL ok, now I get it! We divided Florida up too!

Oh well, my dear friend, I will let you know if this whole $20M clearing house sweepstakes thing doesn’t work out for us and I really hope you are able to get rid of all that extra money over there in Africa.

Truly yours too,

Craig



~sigh~

And the money just keeps rolling in. I do plan to share with all my blogging friends. I also expect my follower count to really start climbing any day now.

Just an observation…

Craig Glenn

10 comments:

scot said...

hey, can you send him my email. I will gladly help him. Anyway, I heard Ed was dead, so that is probably a scam. But Akeem is alive and well.

He sounds like such an honest man. I'm sure he has done all he could for the poor man's relatives. If we were in his shoes, we would provide the same help to some unknowing soul in El Salvador.

♥ Braja said...

Don't send him MY email, but do feel free to send cash....
:)

Gaelyn said...

I'm surprised everyday as the winnings pour into my bank account. Isn't it nice to be so liked by strangers.

Love your reply. Very creative.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh the poor man!! What a dilema he finds himself in trying to give away someone elses money. I mean living in Africa, he must be stone stinking rich himself. There is no poverty here, especially in the Northern part.

Sigh!! I feel so bad for him. Anyway, I am pleased to hear you are going to share it with all of us Craig. Please make sure that Scot gets the smallest share as I am sure you have already shared previous amounts with him and he shouldn't be greedy.

LOL!!

Shadow said...

good grief, do these guys actually still manage to catch people with this... this.... garbage???? ho hummmmm

millie jay said...

yes do share!!! Please

Silver said...

i like your humour. i'll just love to see Akeem (if that is his real name at all)'s expression reading your mail.

~Silver
Reflections

Nickie Goomba said...

Craig, it sounds legit to me.

The Muse said...

Jeepers...LOL...I got back into blogging just in time! LOL

I'll take mine in Large Bills please!


PS Thanks for all the kind words ...I am glad to be back!

Vodka Logic said...

Can I be your new BFF?

Found you on Vodkamom's blog..anyone who says. "The love of Vodka is the root of all.... well all you need it Vodka..." is a friend of mine..

Great blog.. xx

Vodka Logic