Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In The Garden


IN THE GARDEN
C Austin Miles
I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear,
Falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing;
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
I'd stay in the garden with Him,
Tho' the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go;
Thro' the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

And he walks with me
And He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.



They say God speaks to us. I don’t know. I guess I have always been one of those who believe that He gave us the bible for that reason. This is not some big theological question that is haunting me. I am not looking for enlightenment, sorry Braja, I mean that only as it relates to this post! LOL.

I do have to wonder though, when I see people all over the world freaking out over a piece of toast or rust on their bathtub, why would God choose to communicate that way and why to only certain people. I guess it’s just human nature to want to see Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in everything. Maybe it gives them hope in a world that seems to have slid off it’s axis at times.

At any rate, perhaps my brother the philosopher will have some insight on this latest communication. Please consider the photo above carefully. I promise I have not edited it in any way. I did crop it for context but that is all. First of all it’s not a good photo from a bird blogger point of view. I was shooting against the light and hoping to just get a good silhouette shot of this Mallard.

Now look at the reflection in the water. Is it just me or is that Daffy Duck!

~sigh~

What is God trying to tell me now?!?

Just an observation…

Craig Glenn

15 comments:

scot said...

Well, I do believe God speaks to us, but like you said, he uses his Word.

I'm afraid I don't stare at my toast very long before I slap some jelly on it. Also all those news stories with images of the Virgin Mary, I never really could see it. People are definitely searching and maybe searching a little too hard.

Now, to deal with you... I was completely sucked into your rhetoric and ready for some deep theological teaching. I am just wondering now if you were in one of your wandering trances, lost deep in.. in.... in.. where ever it is you get lost. So in my humble option, I think you found what you were searching for... a cartoon duck that wears a shirt only..

ps. Your sister-in-law does love that song and said it was her fathers favorite..So she still loves you.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Sorry, I can't see Daffy but I'm not good at Where's Waldo or those *#^%&# 3D picture things.

The hymn however brought tears to my eyes as some old memories made me smile.

Craig Glenn said...

Scot,

LOL, Got ya!

Tell Andi, I love her too! She does have God's name after all. Andi walks with me, Andi talks with me... sorry...

Craig

Craig Glenn said...

Hi Lynn,

Sorry you don't see it. Lord I hope someone does or I will never hear the end of it! LOL

I have always loved that song too. When I think of safe places to go in my mind I always remember singing hymns in church and the feeling of peace.

Craig

scot said...

ohh, wait a minute, you said Daffy Duck. I was thinking Donald.. sorry.

you are completely right. Now I see Daffy.

Good thing it is wabbit season!!
Duck Season!!
Wabbit Season!!

Duck Season!! BLAM!!!!

:)

Sandy said...

That is an "old timey" hymn and one of my favorites! We used to sing that in choir during Easter at Divinity. I was a member there for 33 years before it closed.

I loved the picture of the duck in the water.

Sandy said...

p.s. Scot is SO funny (and "Andi He walks with me" is how Forrest Gump got into Heaven)!

Sandy said...

p.p.s. The duck on the water could be Daffy... it's a drake.

♥ Braja said...

Holy crap it's totally Daffy Duck and I know that for sure because I'm an enlightened spiritualist and I checked with my ground coffee bean collection first before commenting, and I also backed that up with snapping a stalk off my aloe vera plant and noting carefully---with prayer---how the juice dripped onto my marble floor because THAT is where you find God's answers. Anyone knows that....

Craig Glenn said...

Braja,

BUT WHAT DID THE JUICE SAY????!!!!!????

~sigh~

stupid duck...

Craig

The Muse said...

Craig,
upon starting the read of the blog, i was expecting to see an epiphany...so i scrolled back up to see the pic...and thought to myself..
"gosh, all i see is a shadow of daffy duck..what why cannot i see it?...where is the Lord?"

LOL

so, i was delighted to read at the end of the blog, that i was indeed on the right track!

LOL...lol

(whew...sort of a scary theological moment there!) LOL

and i do believe the Lord has a sense of humor...thus all His portraits in potato chips and toast!)

Craig Glenn said...

Muse,

Want to talk about scary! What if no one else saw Daffy? This weighed heavy on my mind the second I hit the post button... If nobody see's that stupid carton duck I will be shipped off for sure!

Craig

Vodka Mom said...

noooooo, it's wabbit season.

Vodka Mom said...

and yes, I saw Daffy. Now, which line do get in if I want to chat with God. He's got some splainin' to do.

Craig Glenn said...

He can't come to the phone right now, 'cause He's coloring, but Daffy keeps moving the lines and now He is pissed off...., ERRRR gotta go, not's it lightening in my cube!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH