Friday, June 5, 2009

Cypress Cone




Lost in thought:

I actually looked that up in an online dictionary. Maybe I have lost more than a thought!

It did occur to me that I had not written in a while and I am sure my few readers were wondering if I too was lost. Perhaps so, but not in the since that my creditors and persecutors could not find me. I do feel lost sometimes though and think perhaps many people do. The definition, by the way, said that to be lost in thought was “concentrating or pondering over something”. I do this a lot, ponder that is. Maureen says I wander a lot too, but that is another post. Yes, I did mean wander and not wonder, although I do wonder why I wander so much.

This all started while on my daily lunch walk yesterday. I was drawn to a small cypress tree off to the side of the walk. They are now quite green and starting to grow small cones, so I stepped off the side walk and wandered over to take a closer look as I often do on my walks in hopes of finding some interesting bug or observation in nature to post on my nature blog. I did in fact find a really cool stink bug and have posted him proudly on the nature blog. But, I was not lost yet.

It was the small green carved cone that did slip me from reality. As I said before this happens to me a lot and I wonder what the passers by must think the strange man in the middle of the city is doing as he stares into the bushes? I am sure many a finger has been tempted to call 911 and report the weirdo with the camera as he peers through the branches! It was a most peculiar sight as you can now see; a lovely shade of green and carved by the hands of God himself.

So I stood there; lost; lost in my thoughts. I do not know how much time passed. I do not know how many cars passed behind me. The stink bug was only inches away, but I had not discovered him yet. Thoughts, at the speed of electricity firing from neuron to neuron, passed through my head. Thoughts of God. Thoughts of man. Thoughts of this man. Feelings of insignificance. Wonderment. Curiosity. You know, the normal stuff that goes through one’s mind when they are lost. Or is it just me? LOL I wonder…

~sigh~

Maybe I should have just posted the photo and waited for the oooo’s and ahhh’s. Perhaps some thoughts are best lost.

Just an observation…

Craig Glenn

14 comments:

dAwN said...

Beautiful photo Glen...........................................
....................................
....................Oh...I was just...lost in thought!

Craig Glenn said...

Thank you Dawn. Thanks for taking the time to pay me a visit and leaving a comment. I get lost a lot, LOL

Craig Glenn

scot said...

I'm actually kinda jealous. It is hard to find time to just get lost in thought. Computers, work, television, family, friends, etc. demand so much of our time.

I wish I could find a few minutes out of the day to sit down, stare at creation and just wonder. Who am I, why am I here, where am I going, who cares about me... so forth and so on.

I think getting lost in thought is a good thing.

Now if you will please wear that medical alert bracelet that says if found drooling and staring into space, please call my brother to come get me.

Craig Glenn said...

LOL, don't worry Scooter. They will be calling you for sure. Who else would take care of me? lol

Craig

Maureen McHale said...

First of all...
It looks like a Christmas Ornament!
Is it Christmas yet, or can I be bad for a couple more months?

Second of all...
I'd take care of you...

Kisses...Maureen

Craig Glenn said...

Ahhh, she loves me!!! YAY!

Thanks baby! And you are never bad! You are the BEST!

Craig

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hello Craig. I am shocked that you would get lost in though and be such a hazzard to passing cars when you start wandering...or is it wondering? I forget...oh well you get my drift dont you.

Now if you think it bad how people stare at you, just think what I go through when I do this EVERY DAY not just on occasions. I have noticed that people have started to put these high security fences up and it is awful to know it is because they think I am crazy and might influence their children. LOL!! But I have a reputation to uphold you know. :)

See there, at least two people love you enough to take care of you, though why they should, I dont know. You ARE crazy!! LOL!!

♥ Braja said...

It takes strength for one to admit they're lost....and that's the sad truth of most, actually. Finding direction and purpose is the goal of life...especially, as Scot says, "who am I? why am I here?" In fact, the eastern philosophies/scriptures point out those two questions as the ultimate search of humankind....so I need to ask, is Scot some anonymous world-famous philosopher deep in thought and sharing it on your blog, or is he a seeker who has hit on the two most important questions in the universe? :)

Craig Glenn said...

Hi Joan,

We do get the strangest looks don't we!

Craig Glenn

Craig Glenn said...

Oh Braja, Scot is no philosopher he is just my little brother!

But he is pretty special and wise, in a little brother kind of way.

It's always a joy to have your wonderful view of life and humanity to shed light on my very sheltered exposuer to global life.

Craig

Shrinky said...

We all should take more time to get lost in thought - it's one of the reasons we have been placed here, methinks.

Craig Glenn said...

I couldn't agree more Shrinky! Thanks so much for the visit and comment.

Craig

The Muse said...

The beauty is undeniable, it's wondrous design being so much more than coincidence. The evidence of His hand is surely visible in this photograph.

I can fully understand how you lost yourself...how you became suspended in time...wondering...wandering...

I think during that mental and soulful expedition...you touched the tips of Heaven.

Craig Glenn said...

Thanks Muse, you totally got it! thanks for the kind comment and bringing out the graceful thoughts I always seem to forget to write!

Craig Glenn