Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That hollow feeling



Do you ever get that hollow feeling? I think you know what I mean. I could be the only one I suppose but that just makes the feeling all the more pathetic. Please don’t let me be the only one! Please tell me that life just sneaks up and bites you in the ass from time to time. Circumstance, be it my own making or as my friend Braja would point out, just karma, seems to suck the life force right out of you until you are nothing but an empty shell of wasted flesh.

Ok, now before all three of my faithful reader start sending emails and comments trying to talk me off the ledge, take a breath and relax. Perhaps I overstate a bit and things are not as bad as they seem. I have been silent for a while and not writing as much as I would like but it’s because I hold back and don’t want to write what I am really thinking so I don’t write. Does that make any since? Of course it does!

Who among us has not felt like this little dog must be feeling. Having the light of condemnation and introspection shoved down their throats only to find that there is nothing left! But let them look. Screw ‘em and the horse they rode in on! That’s what I say.

~sigh~

Y’all have a nice day.

Just an observation,

Craig Glenn

5 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Great photo, and great thoughts. It is, according to eastern philosophy, the basic question that all humankind should ask: Who am I, what is life all about? Thus, they say, the search for truth begins. Yes, I experienced that feeling and remember it well; it was a long time ago, and despite the hard times that I do still go thru occasionally, they do have meaning and purpose and they're understood now that I have some consciousness about direction and spirituality. Before, they were all-consuming and made me feel, as you say, hollow...and worse...
Well done Craig...xx

Sandy said...

Yep. Even the horse the road in on! That is one of my favorite sayings! LOL

Hope you get to feeling a little less hollow soon!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Now lets me see if I have got this right ... I have always heard the expression "they think the sun shines out of their a..". Is this the same thing? LOL!! I always thought that applied to people who were hollow inside but not for the same reasons you implied. :)

A good one Craig!! :)

Kim said...

Nothing wrong with pulling back and regrouping once in a while. Just make sure when you do come back out, you come out swinging:)

The Muse said...

I believe every creative person feels this way at times...
A part of the "blessing" is not always having the answers....we have to seek them...and at times the search seems hollow...that search for the right direction, the next project...etc...

But then...the hollowness...is just this VAST, GIGANTIC cup...waiting to be filled...!!!
:)

Thinking of you Craig and hoping that your cup runneth over!