Friday, April 3, 2009

911! I am locked in my car!

Only in Florida! That’s right my loyal readers I am back after a break from blogging and there is no shortage of Florida brainiacs to get the ball rolling. This story comes to us from Kissimmee Fl, the home of Disney World and technology depended, errrr, people. This is far to close to home to call this one an idiot but you get my point.

“It’s getting very hot in here, and I’m not feeling well,” the lady explained to the 911 operator. She explained that all the electrical systems were out in her car and the doors were locked up tight. The panic stricken woman was in dire straights for sure.

Thank goodness for a calm professional dispatcher who told her to try pulling the lock up manually with her hand. Once again the highly trained 911 has saved another life. “Um, I’m sorry,” the unidentified woman said, after the lock opened.

Listen the woman's call to 911.

~sigh~

Y’all know I am not really from Florida, I just live here…

Just an observation…

Craig Glenn

8 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Are you sure it was a woman who called? Hmmmm!! We know the truth about this one dont we Craig. LOL!! Your secret is safe with me dont worry. :)

LOL!! This is typical when you get into a panic, your brain does not think straigh anymore. :)

Glad to see you back and up to your old tricks. :)

scot said...

I can confirm it was a female from the actual 911 tape. However, I have heard Craig scream like a girl when I punch him in the arm..........ok, maybe it is not him but me as I run away...

I'm not scared of you!!

"Please somebody help me, I'm trapped in my car with the top down. I'm gonna fry in this Florida sun!!!"

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Thanks for the info Scot. I will remember it and use it as blackmail material the next time Craig teases me about something. I am SURE it was him screaming and not you. :)Please send me more stories to use as ammo.

Thank goodness my sister isn't bloggin or else she would be giving stories to Craig. LOL!!

The last bit sounds just like him. Poor Maureen!! LOL!!

Sandy said...

You are such a stinker! LOL!!

(I wonder if she was blonde.)

The Write Girl said...

Ha!! Too funny!!! Glad to see you posting more observations
Craig : )

Kim said...

Okay I know I'm from the land of oz but really, Kissimmee? This is a place...really? On another note , who opened the box and let Barbie out?

Craig Glenn said...

That's right Kim, it is a real place! Also the closest town to Disney World. So Although the world hears that Disney is in Orlando Fl, it's really in a smaller town outside of Orlando called Kissimmee. Kissimmee is not pronounced Kissy-me as most would like to call it. but rather Ka-sim-me.

For your reading pleasure:

Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia

Kissimmee redirects here. For other uses, see Kissimmee (disambiguation).
Kissimmee is a city in Osceola County, Florida, United States. As of 2006, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 60,894. It is the county seat of Osceola County. Kissimmee is a Principal City of the Orlando-Kissimmee, Florida, Metropolitan Statistical Area, which the census bureau estimated had a 2006 population of 1,984,855.

Thanks for reading my blog!
Craig Glenn

troutbirder said...

Thanks for stopping by my little nature blog. It appears we have several common interests. I have enjoyed looking over two of yours and like your wry humor. B.T.W. I also have developed a second one, separating out Troutbirder's nature interests from book reviews, travel, history and the rare political rant.