Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An Observation in Time...

Spring is in the air!


I am learning to think globally now that I am a sophisticated blogger and all. Times are tough. No, I don’t mean “times are tough” like gas is $2.00 a gallon and poor GM needs a trillion billon dollars to save itself from itself. I mean keeping up with time, the o’clock kind of time, is tough. Why did Joan comment on my blog at 1:00 in the morning? Does she work nights? Is she a night owl? Oh, maybe it’s the fact that she is in South Africa! I think she is ahead of us here in the good old land of the bailouts. So does that mean she comments on my blog post before I write them and they just catch up later??? Oh, times are tough for a simple minded country boy.

Not only are times tough in our global community, seasons are tough as well. Take David McMahon in the land down under. They are just moving out of the heat of summer. This summer was a scorcher, in more ways than one, for our beloved friends in Australia. Fall is just around the corner for him with some well deserved relief from 115 degree temps. Not so here in central Florida. We had a mild winter. The mercury only dropped to freezing two maybe three nights all winter.

I love spring! This is my favorite time of year. The days are getting longer. No more waiting for my ride home in the dark. The clocks will spring forward soon and we will have another hour to play with. I guess this too would be another example of a localized phenomenon in the global community of our blog world. Is the US the only country that uses daylight savings time?

Flowers are bursting forth with reckless abandon. The birds are all twitter-patted. The grass will soon be green again. And yes, the most important thing of all about spring, baseball is just around the corner!

To all my blogging friends around the world, Happy Spring, whether it’s spring there or not!

Just an observation,

Craig

12 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is a gorgeous shot,Craig.Makes my mouth water.
Blessings,Ruth

Braja said...

It's spring here too....

The Write Girl said...

Craig,

Spring sounds good to me. It was brutal in NY this winter. So cold!! Brrr. I love the picture of the strawberry. My favorite fruit.
P.S. you mentioned baseball teams, which one do you follow?

Take care.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I would like to know what Joan is up to that time of the morning too Craig? LOL!! No, it is just that when I wake up in the morning, it is the middle of the night there by you. :)

What a delicious strawberry!! A fantastic shot of it too, you have captured it perfectly.

While you are heading into spring, I am heading into winter. Luckily our weather here is very much like that of Florida and there will still be some green around plus bugs.

Now with that said, I hope you realize that I want bug pics from you this summer. All mine are taken with a P&S so you have no excuses. :)

Insults said...

That picture made me smile! I am simple.

Jennifer H said...

Gorgeous photo!

I live in Arizona, so the change to spring isn't as noticeable. Flowers bloom year round, at least in town. But in a month or two, the desert flowers will bloom, and that's my favorite time of year here.

And then it gets bloody hot. :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You other blog is back to not letting me comment again Craig. LOL!! Have you banned me in case I say something outrageous? LOL!! Just teasing of course!! But I wanted to say this:

Oh my!! What a cutie!! Gorgeous!! He should join the circus with Mary's Star. I am sure they will steal the show!! :)

Insults said...

Thanks Craig - it isn't anywhere near as sweary on my blog as you'd think from the title! Thanks muchyl for the visit. All the best.

letspaintnature.com said...

I am really looking forward to spring in my neck of the woods! That strawberry looks yummy!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

One of the things to remember when trying to attract birds to your garden is to attract the insects first which bring the birds. :) Then you can start taking bug pictures also. LOL!!

Yip, as you have gathered, I cannot get onto your blog again. :) Thanks you for transfering my previos anser over. :)

Andrea said...

Stopped by via a comment on another blog....love your writing and photographs. It's nice to "meet" you! :) I will be back to visit often.

GutsyWriter said...

Craig , I love your descriptive soothing writing style, especially in the paragraph that starts with, "Flowers are bursting forth with reckless abandon."
Yes, I also wonder about time zones when I get comments at 2 a.m. Isn't the planet just amazing?