Sunday, February 15, 2009

An Observation in Nature...

I saw these pretty yellow flowers in a patch of clover. At least I believe it to be clover, I am not much of a clover expert. But it looked enough like clover to me and it reminded me of the Irish. Maureen is Irish, yep red hair and all! So I took this and a few others to show her. I know, that was sweet, I am a sweet guy!

Anyway, I show her the photo's and she ask what king of bug is that? Bug, I asked?

Yea, right there on the flower.

And I named this blog Craig's Observations... LOL. Of course it's plain as day now but I never saw it until she pointed it out. Not sure it's good enough for an ID, but if you click to enlarge, maybe you can tell me what he is. Me, I was just trying to score points with the red head!



~sigh~

If I had seen that bug, I would have went for the really cool Macro shot, Joan... but I missed it!

Just an observation...

Craig



6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Sweet?? You?? I am going to have to ask Maureen about that!! LOL!! A cute bug but I cannot make out what kind it is. Looking at the tail end of it, it might be a small cricket. No Craig, this is NOT the way it is done. BUGS come frist!! LOL!!

scot said...

Looks like an ol' stink bug to me.

Craig Glenn said...

That was my thought as well Scooter. At least that is what we always called them, not sure if it is their offical name. lol

Joan, I guess I will have to make another trip and see if I can find him and get a better shot!

Craig

Sandy said...

The bug.... icky.... the flower... SO pretty!

The Write Girl said...

Thank you very much for your post on my blog Craig. I really enjoy your photos. Very nice site.

Take care

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It did not look as flat and broad to me as stinkbugs normally are but then it was hard to tell from the picture. So back you go and bring us another one please. :)