Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Observation in Humanity...

Today’s scores: 75 – 29

I remember an old comedy bit on the radio from when I was a boy. This sports announcer would give the days scores without mentioning who won. Well I guess you had to be there but it was funny back then.

Here is a score for you, 75 is more than 29; a lot more, especially when the numbers represent ages.

Samuel Dallas Jarvis, 29, in his youthful wisdom, committed a snatch and grab on a 75 year old Stuart Florida victim. He ran off with this gentleman’s brand new laptop and printer. He only made it 8 feet. This old man chased him down, tackled him, and held him until an off duty Martin Co deputy joined in and made sure Jarvis was charged with robbery by sudden snatching and battery on a person over the age of 65.

~sign~

The ignorance of youth, never underestimate the hard work of this generation.

Just an observation,

Craig

5 comments:

Shrinky said...

Reminds me of the stout old Australian lady of (um, I forget her actual age, lets say 89 for now, sounds about right)who was hailed as a national hero. She tracked her granddaughters two rapists down, shot them both squarely between the balls, then kindly called them an ambulance before turning herself in.

Don't we all wish we had a grandma like that?

Sandy said...

I remember hearing that story (about the grandma)! I thought she was definitely a hero!

I love to see those that should get it, get it!

The Write Girl said...

That's awesome Craig. I'm sure the thief would argue he was assaulted by an old man! That makes me think of that latest Clint Eastwood film: Grand Torino. What a tough guy. Age doesn't matter. It's all about character.

Andrea said...

Love it!! Good for 75!! Hope I'm just like that when I'm older. :)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Well good for him!!

I love Shrinky's story!! :)