Friday, February 27, 2009

Begin at the beginning


Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland


"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." — Zig Ziglar


The answer is no, I am not trying to inspire you to action. The truth is, I am trying to inspire me. I don’t want to be left standing at the fork in the road asking the wrong questions. I want to question to be “which of these roads will take me to my desired objective?” Yes I do have objectives, goals, a bucket list if you will. The question is am I brave enough to voice them and seek for them? Will I ask the right question? Will my aim be true and precise?

~sigh~

Why can’t life be this easy… or is it?

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. ~Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland


Just and observation…

Craig

10 comments:

scot said...

"When you come to the fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

"It's not the forks in the road that builds character, but the potholes" Scot Glenn

The Write Girl said...

Hi Craig,

That's a very intersting observation. Sometimes it seems that life has unmarked roads which we can only discover through experiences.

Andrea said...

I think it is that easy...because every choice you make at one fork will likely lead you to another one down the road. I that's the great about thing about life...we are constantly changing and evolving...and it's never to late to create a new version of you. :)

Sandy said...

I agree with Scot!

The Muse said...

I can truthfully say I have taken the road less traveled...and although...certainly not an easy, smooth path...it has been exciting and most worthwhile.

Funny how the scary things in life...tend to be the ones that, in the end, make us feel so much stronger, because we have prevailed ! :)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You sound like me when I wrote my piece on "choices". Decisions in life are never easy and a person is always trying to decide which is the right thing to do. Go with your heart or gut feeling every time Craig and never look back.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I forgot to add "and NEVER have regrets".

GutsyWriter said...

After reading this inspiring post I wanted to ask you what major decision(s) you're struggling with? A major move to another country? A career change? One thing I discovered after uprooting our family and moving to Belize, is that once you've been able to sell everything you own, and start over, you feel FREE, and you can easily do it again, as long as you have your health.

Jeannette St.G. said...

Those are some (and right!) questions you've been asking yourself.
You know it's okay to make mistakes (!!!) - you'll discover it soon enough, and go another path that is more suitable to you. I wandered over from Carol's blog - glad I did!

The Muse said...

Hello to you!
I hope you are WRITING! :)