Thursday, January 15, 2009

An observation of color and light...

Unknown Flower...

UPDATE: Thanks to the lovely Maureen Mchale, I now know that this flower is a Hydrangea. No I am not usually that forward, but I do live with the woman and she is quite lovely!

Did you know: Hydrangeas change colors based on the chemicals in the soil. I did not know that!

This flower caught my eye because of the different vibrant colors. Be sure to click to enlarge to enjoy the full detail.


Thanks for stopping by,

Craig

7 comments:

Maureen McHale said...

Hey, it's a hydrangea. I love these - you can make them change colors by changing the ph in the soil....

Maureen McHale said...

http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colorchange.html and here's the link to "prove" my wealth of knowledge....lol

Craig Glenn said...

Thanks for the info honey!

Craig

The Muse said...

Great shot!
We have an entire garden dedicated to Hydrangeas...we amend the soil and get brilliant color like a floral rainbow!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

We also call them Christmas flowers as that is the time they bloom here by us.

Sandy said...

I have one that was planted quite a few years ago. It bloomed once and that was it. It comes up with no flowers every year. Sigh.

The Muse said...

Sandy...are you pruning it?