Friday, January 16, 2009

An observation in humanity…

Vincent Crimeni collapsed and died of a heart attack at the age of 27 over a year ago. Parents, Roco and Laurie, were understandably devastated. Now they are trying to get through the grief and continue on with their lives. This would be a bit easier they say if their sons creditors would stop calling their house demanding payment.

Roco say the calls are heartbreaking for him and his wife. “I’m afraid to pick up the phone in my own home,” he said. “That’s the hard part, to tell them my son is dead. How many times do I have to repeat it?” Laurie Crimeni said her son had no assets or estates to pay the debt he left behind, and all of the accounts were exclusively in her son’s name.

Enter the family lawyer, letters, and no results. More on the story from FoxNews.com.

~sign~

I vote we post the name of each company and make daily phone calls to them and tell them to leave these people alone! Are you in?

Just and observation…
Craig

3 comments:

The Muse said...

I am so "IN"...
We need to make them "a sign"...What a bunch of... well, you know!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I have to agree with you and The Muse. I know how these places work, it does not matter if you tell them the person has passed away, they do not take it off there lists. These lists are given to call centres and then a new person will phone. It is digusting. We have the same thing here. I get calls every day for people who have left the firm 4-5 years ago and no matter how many times I tell them not to call or that the person has left, sure enough someone will phone again in a few weeks time. This is a real waste of my time and a pain in the butt!!

Sandy said...

This is a hard thing. My sister had that problem when her husband passed away. Finally, my nephew made a bunch of copies of the death certificate and mailed it to every creditor that sent a bill or called the house (the bills were solely in his name). He passed away 2 years ago and the creditors have finally stopped calling.