Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You have to be kidding me…

You have to be kidding me…

I hope you are sitting down when you read this one. The University of Central Florida is considering giving their kids a break on this whole smoking pot thing. That’s right; the rules are just too strict for using drugs. Now before all the pot heads get on their high horse and start preaching to me on the merits of smoking pot, here is the one undisputable fact, its illegal!

That’s not the worst part. This is not a pitch for pot; they actually think that this will be a good deterrent for binge drinking! I KNOW! Kids, I know you are not old enough to drink alcohol so instead of doing that we won’t punish you if you will smoke pot instead.

Here is the story from wftv.com http://www.wftv.com/news/18186181/detail.html.

Keep in mind here people most of these kids are not old enough to drink to start with. I am sorry, I don’t get it. What are we teaching these kids that will help them become responsible citizens when they get in the real world?

If you ask me, I say college is a privilege, not a right. I would think there are plenty of kids who would love to go to college and play by the rules, but simple don’t have the money. If you can’t play by the rules you should not be allowed the privilege. I am not saying take education away from kids, I am saying that learning responsibility is part of an education.

Here is my favorite quote from the article, “One freshman believes that the punishment for alcohol abuse should be more severe.” Good news bad news, one of these kids gets it, bad news, only ONE. Good for you kid. Stay sober and stay in school.

Just an observation…

Craig

No comments: